"My expectations were set pretty high for Pubcon because it is one of the biggest conferences for Online Marketing Professionals in the nation, and I was definitely not disappointed. The four day event was packed with educational sessions given by highly-recognized leaders in our industry and debates on best practices and next-level marketing tactics. The sessions I attended focused primarily on mobile marketing and Google Analytics. Here are some of my key takeaways:
- Mobile is here to stay!
- With 835 million smartphone users, having a presence in the mobile market is necessary to stay in the game.
- Mobile app or Mobile Website?
- Companies shouldn’t choose a mobile website OR a mobile app, they should have a multi-pronged approach to mobile.
- Responsive Design or Separate Mobile website?
- There are benefits of having a ‘Responsive Design’ mobile website and benefits to creating a separate mobile website for mobile. Clients should choose the type of mobile website based off their own goals."
"Attending Pubcon in Las Vegas was a unique learning experience that provided great insight on different techniques for Online Marketing. The conference covered a wide range of industry topics such as paid advertising, keyword research, local search, social media, and mobile marketing. This was not only a venue to share breaking news but also a place to discuss successful practices to apply to any industry.
These were some of my most noteworthy takeaways:
- Integrate review opportunities more than once during your customer’s experience.
- In a recent study, 52% said that positive online reviews persuade them to purchase from a local company.
- When dealing with negative reviews, do not focus on having them removed. Focus on resolving the issue with the customer and getting more reviews.
- Make creating content easy.
- Use Q&A Sites for content ideas. Sites like Yahoo!, LinkedIn, and Answers.com can give a lot of insight into what kinds of questions people want answered. Dig deep to see where your business can be a resource on subjects related to your industry.
- Give your content a more personal feel with Google Authorship.
- Users trust content with Google Authorship showing a 30% higher click-through rate.
- Users will be exposed to more of your content if you signup. How? Let's say a user clicks on your listing with authorship after completing a search query. After they read your article for a few minutes, they might hit the back button to return to the search results. Then, they will see more articles by you under your previously clicked listing."