Outside Sales Consultant Position
Visual Data Systems, a leader in website development and online marketing since 1993 is seeking an energetic, ambitious, and career oriented sales/business consultant to sellweb design and online marketing solutions including SEO/SEM programs and managed email marketing to new and existing clients by building long-term sustaining relationships.
Visual Data Systems is seeking a proficient B2B sales/business consultant with a minimum of 3-5 years technology experience – experience selling to the hospitality industry would be considered a plus. Candidate should have advanced internet skills, general understanding of search engines and what makes a professional website.
Need to be able to work in a highly competitive and consultative selling environment and initiate high-level interactive business conversations with key decision makers. Candidates must be able to work within a team sales atmosphere while retaining the ability to work independently. Build a strong pipeline and close new business is part of your quota as well as expand customer relationships that ensure renewal and increase business overall.
The candidate will be a goal driven self starter with the maturity to be able successfully telecommute while communicating with team on a daily basis.
The sale/business consultant will work cooperatively with other team members to grow existing customers, create new customers and meet or exceed monthly sales quotas while increasing customer satisfaction.
- Location: Eastern United States
- Full-time position w/benefits
- Must be able to travel – Average 4 to 8 nights per month
- Compensation: Salary (based on experience) + Commission
- BA or BS Preferred
- Reports to Director of Sales
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product/service and technical information in a timely manner in language that clients and prospects can understand and digest.
- Communicate with assigned clients/prospects building an ongoing relationship to determine needs
- Track conversations
- Manage client expectations
- Help clients solve issues with the help of other team members
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
- Recommend alternate products based on price, need and timing
- Present and write proposals in accordance with standard procedures
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders or quotes
- Provide accurate information regarding products/services
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products/services in order to improve sales and customer satisfaction
- Effectively give presentations to various industry groups from 20 – 60 minutes in length
- Research for prospective new clients
- Monitor scheduled deployment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint
- Fill client/prospect requests information
- Remain current on consumer preferences, changes in industry trends and product developments by attending sales meetings and through personal research
- Setup and maintain customer files
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the team
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please send confidential resume to RobertG@vdsys.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.