Away Wee Go! F.A.Q.
Away Wee Go! Questions
- Do I need to buy a new url (.MOBI)??
- Will the mobile site be a miniature version of my current website?
- Does my main website have to be hosted by Visual Data Systems?
- Will this be an application (‘APP') people will have to download?
- Will clients be able to fully reserve a property with a credit card?
- Will the mobile website work with all phones and platforms?
- What if I don't have a database/PMS link to my current website?
- We have both vacation rentals and a real estate sales business. Is there a way to make the mobile website work for both sides of my business?
- Will I be able to track the number of visits the mobile portion of my website receives?
- Will this affect my SEO?
- Will I be able to edit the website through Contribute?
A: No, this will not be a .MOBI site, we will be attaching it to your current site in this format: mobile.website.com
A: No, the Away We Go! Mobile Website will be configured for mobile usage. It will be configured to your corporate colors and page will include your logo. Due to the nature of the site, we will not be offering design customization of the mobile sites beyond color and logo. Please note that certain items such as having multiple offices of specific department phone numbers will be handled through modifications to the configuration of the mobile website.
A: No, this will be a mobile website. Prospects can go to their smart phone browser and either do a search or type in your current URL just like they do on a desktop.
A: No, they will be able to send a reservation request via an integrated form or use the one touch calling option to call your office and reserve a property. While it is technically feasible to offer this option on a mobile device, we feel at this time that it would ‘push’ people away from ‘reserving’ a property due to the extra information that would be necessary for the guest to read (complete terms and conditions) and to additional information they would need to fill out on the booking form.
A: Due to lack of uniformity among cell and smart phone manufacturers in regards to web browsing, your mobile website will not offer all capabilities on all platforms. We plan to build your mobile website to the specifications offered to users of the most popular phones first, such as the iPhone – which research indicates most mobile web browsing occurs on. We will work hard to insure that as many features as possible work on second tier devices.
A: We are offering a scaled down version of the mobile website without search capabilities – but will still offer many of the tools your clients are looking for in a mobile website.
Q: We have both vacation rentals and a real estate sales business. Is there a way to make the mobile website work for both sides of my business?
A: Our initial development of the Away Wee Go! ™ Mobile Website will concentrate on the vacation rental portion of our client’s websites. We are committed to making the site and tools within it as flawless as possible. Future development of the product may allow for the addition of other modules that may include Real Estate Sales tools.
A: Yes, traffic to the mobile site will show up in your analytics reporting
A: No, the mobile site will be set up as to not be indexed or search by search engines. This will help you avoid desktop users accidentally being directed to the mobile site.
A: No, the mobile website has very limited static content. All changes to text on static pages will need to be processed through our support team.