Location: Columbia, MD
Status: Full Time, Employee
Visual Data Systems, Inc., the nation's leader in providing technology solutions to the travel and hospitality industry, has an excellent opportunity for a Computer Programmer at our headquarters in Columbia, Maryland.
The candidate will be involved with Web deployed applications in all phases of product development (concept, prototype, design, coding, testing and deployment). This is a perfect opportunity for an individual who has loads of initiative, likes the idea of having a direct impact on our growing tech group and would thrive in a company culture who's core values are based on respect, integrity, innovation, growth and excellence.
- 2+ years PERL, PHP, SQL, Java Script development experience
- Strong experience in a UNIX/Linux development environment, VI and Shell scripting
- Adhere and contribute to software engineering practices, coding standards, revision and configuration control
- Ability to design and produce visually appealing and straightforward, usable applications
- Ability to multi-task with shifting priorities
- A "do what it takes" work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a team player
- Local candidates only. No relocation package will be offered.
- Apache, Sendmail administration
- NT and Linux system administration
- ColdFusion, Visual Basic, ASP
- Java, C/C++
- Microsoft SQL
- Computer Science degree
We offer a full competitive benefits package. Only resumes including salary requirements will be considered. Please, no agencies or telephone calls.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Robert Spertzel (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line "Web Programmer/Developer."