Web / Graphic Designer
Location: Columbia , MD
Status: Full Time, Employee
Resume & Portfolio: REQUIRED
The Web Designer is responsible for designing, building out, and supporting cutting edge web design solutions.
* Work with Design Manager/ Project Managers to create website design comps for our client base.
* Creatively convey a message with graphics, typography and usability best practices, that complements the client’s mission and their existing marketing materials.
* Use CSS-driven layout, HTML coding, and Dreamweaver Templates, to build out design comps into full fledged websites.
* Develop Online marketing pieces in the form of email template designs for our various clients.
* Work with Design Manager to ensure design comps, website builds, and final projects are accurate / error-free and SEO compliant.
* Work on multiple projects simultaneously, as well as the discipline to work independently with deadlines.
* Stay abreast of new software applications and design techniques in the industry.
* Degree in design, art, or industry-related topic required (or relevant work experience).
* 2-3 years related professional experience as a web designer.
* Knowledge of design composite creation based on client needs and project deliverables
* Knowledge of layout, typography, image optimization, branding and general good design standards for the web.
* Strong understanding of CSS standards, hand-coded HTML and Dreamweaver template design.
* Strong knowledge of Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
* General knowledge of InDesign and Illustrator.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Visual Data Systems, you join a leader in a cutting-edge industry. We are committed to helping you build a dynamic, exciting, and successful future. We respect our employees, and we reward hard work and dedication generously. We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a generous benefits package, and an enthusiastic and rewarding corporate culture.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, a link to your Online portfolio, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line “Web Designer”.
Professional references will be required. Applicants without relevant work samples or salary requirements will not be considered. Only candidates who live within a commutable distance of Columbia, MD, should apply. Relocation fees not provided. Please, no telephone calls. Visual Data Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.