Web / Graphic Designer
Location: Columbia , MD
Status: Full Time, Employee
Resume & Portfolio: REQUIRED
Visual Data Systems, the leader in providing technology solutions to the travel and hospitality industry has an immediate opportunity for a Web Designer.
The Web Designer will work remotely in a virtual office with a project team of Web Developers, Project Managers, online Marketers and fellow web designers to design and build websites primarily for the Vacation Rental Management industry.
We are looking for a detail-oriented designer that excels in creating beautiful, smart websites. This is a perfect opportunity for an individual with a creative eye and the ability to execute user-friendly web design. The right candidate has at least one year of work experience as a web designer.
- Create wireframe layouts and website design comps based on project deliverables and client branding and feedback
- Create websites using SASS and Foundation 5 Framework
- Work with web developers to apply style and user interface design to website related modules.
- Successfully works on multiple projects simultaneously, and has the discipline to work independently with deadlines.
- Support, maintain, and update the websites of our client base.
Skills and Experience required:
- Proficient with CSS and HTML
- Experience building websites with a responsive framework such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Experience with version control software such as Git or Subversion
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of layout, typography, image optimization, branding and design standards for the web
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Works well in a remote team environment and is comfortable communicating, troubleshooting and demonstrating work through tools such as Skype and Slack.
- Degree in design, art, or industry-related topic required (or relevant work experience)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- 1+ years of professional design work experience
A plus if you are familiar with:
- Handlebars Templates
- Concrete5 or Wordpress Theme creation
When you join Visual Data Systems, you join a leader in a cutting-edge industry. We are committed to helping you build a dynamic, exciting, and successful future. We respect our employees, and we reward hard work and dedication generously. We offer a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, a generous benefits package, and an enthusiastic and rewarding corporate culture.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, a link to your Online portfolio, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Web / Graphic Designer”.
Professional references will be required. Applicants without relevant work samples or salary requirements will not be considered. Only candidates who live within a commutable distance of Columbia, MD, should apply. Relocation fees not provided. Please, no telephone calls. Visual Data Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.